This article is a detailed overview of the notifications that your Mitte Home can display during use.
Water Quality Indicator
The water quality indicator shows a variety of different flashing patterns in both white and orange:
- steady orange light: Mitte cartridge needs to be activated or flushed.
- slow orange pulse: Mitte cartridge is being activated or flushed
- steady white light: A carbonation level has been selected and the device is ready for dispense.
- slow white pulse: A water dispense in progress.
- flashes orange and white alternately: The best-before date (180 days after cartridge activation) has been exceeded.
- 5s white pulse & 2s steady white light: This indicates the dispense is complete. Please wait until the water quality indicator LED has turned off after a dispense to avoid water dripping from the nozzle.
Carbonation Level Icons
The cabonation level icons show what kind of water selections have been chosen and also indicate if the water from the following dispense should be discarded.
- all icons are pulsing fast white: The Mitte cartridge needs to be activated or flushed. Simply press or touch one of the cabonation level button again to start the activation or flush.
- all icons are on a steady white light: The Mitte cartridge is being activated or flushed
- one icon is pulsing fast white: You have selected this carbonation level. The device is ready for a dispense. Press this button again to start the dispense.
- one icon is on a steady white light: The dispense is ingoing. Wait until the the carbonation level icon and the water quality indicator LED has turned off after a dispense to avoid water dripping from the nozzle.
Water Tank Notification Light
If you try to dispense with an empty water tank the notification light for the water tank will show a fast orange pulse. Please fill the water tank up the minimum fil line and start the dispense again.
Mitte Cartridge Notification Light
- slow orange pulse: The Mitte Cartridge is running low and you will need to exchange your cartridge soon.
- fast orange pulse: the Mitte Cartridge is empty and you need to replace your cartridge.
- steady orange light: your Mitte Cartridge is incorrectly inserted or not inserted at all. Please make sure that the cartridge has not expired. It is forbidden to use cartridges from third-party providers.
CO2 cylinder Notification Light
- slow orange pulse: The inserted CO2 cylinder is running low and you will need to exchange it soon.
- fast orange pulse: The inserted CO2 cylinder is empty and you need to replace it.
- steady orange light: The CO2 cylinder is incorrectly inserted or not inserted at all. Please rotate the cylinder a bit more or insert a new one. If the CO2 notification light does not switch off please contact Customer Success for further assistance.
WiFi Notification Light
- slow orange pulse: The Mitte Home device is in pairing mode and ready to be connected via Bluetooth and WiFi.
fast orange pulse: There is an issue with the WiFi connection.
- Please see: Connectivity Issues or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
All notification lights
There are some instances when all notification lights flash at once:
- After you have connected your Mitte Home to a power supply, there are three flashes.
- While the firmware is being updated, a slow white pulse of all four notification lights can be observed.
- After a successful firmware update, you will see five white flashes of all notification lights at once.
- When the dispense head is tilted while pressing the dispense button it will show a five-second fast white pulse.