This article is an overview of the Mitte app and step by step setup guide.
What is the Mitte app?
The Mitte app is a companion app for Mitte Home device and offers multiple benefits.
- Allows for easy setup of your Mitte Home device with a step-by-step visual guide and onboarding.
- Monitor the levels of your Mitte Home Cartridge and Mitte CO2 cylinder in real-time.
- Activate and manage your Smart Refills, our automatic ordering system.
The use of the Mitte app is free of charge. You pay only for orders you carry out in the app.
How to download & install the Mitte app
Please download the Mitte app via the App store.
iOS 12 and above are supported. Please be sure to always keep your iPhone updated.
The Mitte app cannot be used on iOS tablets.
Please download the Mitte app from the Google Play Store.
Android 6 and above are supported. Please be sure to always keep your Android device updated.
The Mitte app can be used on Android tablets but since it is not optimized for tablet use we recommend using the app on a smartphone.
Mitte Account For The Mitte app
Login or Sign Up
You will need a Mitte account to use the Mitte app.
1. You can create an account directly in the app. Simply tap "Sign up with Email".
2. If you already have a Mitte account simply log in with your username and password.
If you have forgotten your password please refer to our How do I reset my Mitte account password? article for further guidance.
Pairing Your Mitte Home Device And Your Smartphone Via Bluetooth
After logging into the app for the first time you will be prompted to pair your Mitte Home device and Smartphone. Please make sure that your Mitte Home device is in reach of your smartphone's Bluetooth signal and that the Bluetooth on your smartphone is turned on.
Your Mitte Home deviceshould be in discoverable mode after plugging it into the power supply for the first time. This pairing mode will last for 30 minutes. After that, you have to press all water selection icons on the device at the same time for three seconds to prompt discoverable mode again.
The Mitte app will prompt you to connect your smartphone to Mitte Home device. Select your Mitte home device from the list of discoverable devices.
Android users will receive a prompt to enable location settings to allow the use of Bluetooth. Please enable these settings.
There will be a notification on your smartphone indicating a successful Bluetooth pairing.
If the Bluetooth pairing did not work, please disconnect all other Bluetooth devices from your phone and try again.
- The WiFi notification light will show a slow orange pulse while the Bluetooth pairing is ongoing.
- The WiFi notification light will flash five times followed by a steady light for 2 seconds after a successful pairing.
Connecting Your Device To WiFi
After a successful Bluetooth pairing, you will be prompted to choose a network to connect your Mitte Home device to the Internet.
- The WiFi notification light will show a fast orange pulse if there's a WiFi connectivity issue.
After logging into your account and pairing your Mitte Home device and smartphone, you will have the following views/screens on the Mitte app.
Cartridge & Cylinder
In this view, you can switch between the "Mitte Home Cartridge" tab and the "Mitte CO2 Cylinder" tab. The Smart Refills menu is also visible on this dashboard.
Here you can see what kind of cartridge is currently installed in your Mitte Home device as well as the cartridge status (shown in the number of dispenses left) and expiry date of the cartridge.
"CO2 Cylinder" tab
Here you can see the status of the currently installed CO2 cylinder stated on a scale (full, high, medium, low and empty).
Smart Refills menu
Here you can sign up for Smart Refills or edit your existing preferences. For full details of signing up and editing your Smart Refills please see our Smart Refills Setup article.
Here you can also confirm and check the status of the next order of Mitte Home Cartridges and/or Mitte CO2 Cylinders.
Displayed in this view is:
- Your Mitte Home device number
- The currently installed firmware version of your device
- Notification of new firmware version available for update
- The option to "Forget Device"
- This allows you to connect a new smartphone to your Mitte Home device via Bluetooth. It also deletes the Mitte usage data that was stored on your phone.
Displayed in this view is:
- The currently logged-in account and option to log out of the app
- The current app version and build number
For app updates, please follow these instructions:
- Android: Open the App in Google Play Store where it will be indicated if an update is available. You will be able to follow the steps from there.
- iOS: If you allow automatic updates on your iPhone, you will either receive a notification or it will update automatically. If this is not the case, open the App Store to check whether an update is required by opening your user profile in the App Store.
- We recommend enabling auto-updates for the Mitte app so you can always stay up to date.
- Always keep your Smartphones operating system up to date.
The support icon is located in the top left corner of the app and is visible in every view.
The support icon is a direct line to the Mitte Help Center; which includes FAQs, support request form and chat.
You can exit the support view anytime by pressing "Done" in the top left corner of the menu screen.
Mitte app notifications include:
- Smart Refills: You will be asked to confirm your Smart Refills orders and you will be notified of the status of your orders
- Machine Error: You will get notifications if your Mitte Home device is not functioning properly
- Machine Disconnected: You will be notified if your Mitte Home device is disconnected
- Dispense failed: You will be notified if a dispense failed or was incomplete
- CO2low or empty: You will be notified if your CO2 cylinder is running low or is empty
- Cartridge low or empty: You will be notified if your cartridge is running low or is empty