This article is a step-by-step guide to assist you in setting up Mitte Home.
These instructions are for users who would like to use the companion app as well as for those who are using the Mitte Home device without the Mitte App.
At the end of this page, you’ll find further information, tips, and additional articles on how to use your Mitte Home device.
1. Unboxing your Mitte Home device
in your Mitte Home Starter Kit you will find:
- 1 Mitte Home device – including a removable water tank
- 1 Drip Tray
- 1 Mitte Home Cartridge
- 1 Mitte Mitte CO₂ Cylinder
- 1 Mitte Home Bottle
- 1 User Manual
- 1 Quick Start Guide
2. Finding the right place to set your Mitte Home device up
The Mitte Home device should be set up on an even, level surface without exposure to direct sunlight or direct proximity to fireplaces or heaters. Please don't expose the device to temperatures outside 4-40 degrees Celsius and don't put anything heavier than 8 kg on top of it.
The Mitte Home device should be within reach of your Wi-Fi signal if you want to connect your device and use the companion app.
You will need a 230V power supply nearby to connect your Mitte Home device.
3. Installing the drip tray
Install the drip tray as seen below.
4. Plugging the device into a power source
Please connect your Mitte Home to a power supply of 230V.
All notification lights will flash white 3 times after you have plugged the device in.
If you are going to use the Mitte Home device without the companion app (Mitte app) and without connecting the device, you can skip the next four steps and go directly to 9. Inserting The Water Tank.
5. Downloading and installing the Mitte app
You can use the device without the companion app. The app, however, can guide you through an easy onboarding process to help with the setup. Additionally, it gives you an overview of the status of your Mitte Home Cartridges and Mitte CO₂ Cylinders, as well as the option to subscribe to Smart Refills.
Please follow this link to download the Mite app.
The Mitte app cannot be used on iOS tablets.
Please download the Mitte app from the Google Play Store.
The Mitte app can be used on Android tablets, but since it’s not optimized for tablet use we recommend using the app on a smartphone.
For more detailed instructions please have a look at our Mitte app overview.
6. Logging into your Mitte account in the Mitte app
Please open the app and create your Mitte account using your email address and a unique password.
If you already have an account, sign in with your existing account details. Your Mitte web store account doubles as an account for the app. If you have forgotten your password, please refer to our How do I reset my Mitte account password? article for further guidance.
For more information, please have a look at our Mitte app overview.
7. Pairing your Mitte Home device and your smartphone via Bluetooth
After plugging your Mitte Home device into a power supply, the device will be in discoverable mode. The Mitte app will prompt you to connect your smartphone to the Mitte Home device. Select your Mitte Home device from the list of discoverable devices.
Notification light for Wi-Fi
- The Wi-Fi notification light will show a slow orange pulse during the Bluetooth pairing.
- The Wi-Fi notification light will show a fast orange pulse if there is a Wi-Fi connectivity issue.
For more detailed instructions on how to pair your Mitte Home device and smartphone, please see our Mitte app Overview article.
8. Connecting your device to Wi-Fi
After a successful Bluetooth pairing, you will be prompted to choose a network to connect your Mitte Home device to the internet as seen in the image below.
9. Inserting the water tank
Please clean the water tank with warm tap water (max. 40 degrees Celsius) and a mild detergent.
Fill the water tank with cold tap water up to the minimum fill line. Insert it by sliding it vertically into its position on the device. Use only tap or higher quality water with your Mitte Home device.
Notification light for the water tank
- If you are trying to dispense with an empty tank, the water tank notification light will show a fast orange pulse.
10. Inserting the Mitte Home Cartridge
Open the door on the right side of the device and hinge the docking port outwards.
Insert the cartridge and rotate clockwise until the arrow symbol and the lock symbol align. You can hear a slight click once the cartridge is securely locked in place.
Hinge the docking port with the inserted cartridge back into a vertical position and close the door.
The cartridge notification light will turn off, indicating that the Mitte Home Cartridge has been correctly installed.
Notification light for the cartridge
- The cartridge notification light shows steady orange: the cartridge is incorrectly inserted or not inserted at all
- The cartridge notification light shows a slow orange pulse: Mitte Home Cartridge is running low
- The cartridge notification light shows a fast orange pulse: Mitte Home Cartridge is empty
You can find the expiration date of your cartridge in the consumables overview in the app.
11. Inserting the Mitte CO₂ Cylinder
Remove the plastic seal and cap from the valve at the top of the Mitte CO₂ Cylinder.
Open the door on the left side of the device.
Insert the cylinder using the built-in guide to assist you (first in then up) and turn the cylinder clockwise until it is screwed in tightly. If you hear CO₂ leaking, turn the cylinder a little further until the hissing disappears. The CO₂ notification light will turn off, indicating that the cylinder is installed correctly.
Once installation is completed, close the door.
Notification light for CO₂
- CO₂ notification light shows steady orange: the CO₂ cylinder is incorrectly inserted or not inserted at all
- CO₂ notification light shows a slow orange pulse: CO₂ cylinder is running low
- CO₂ notification light shows a fast orange pulse: CO₂ cylinder is empty
12. Inserting the Mitte Home Bottle
Clean the bottle with warm tap water (max. 50 degrees Celsius) and a mild detergent.
Then tilt the dispense head outwards towards you.
Insert the bottle and rotate clockwise until the bottle is locked securely in place.
Push the dispense head back towards the device, returning the bottle to a vertical position.
13. Activating the Mitte Home Cartridge
A new cartridge needs to be activated. The dispense notification light will show a fast orange pulse indicating that a cartridge activation is required.
- Fill the water tank with cold tap water up to the minimum fill line. Insert it by sliding it vertically into its position on the device. Use only tap or higher quality water with your Mitte Home device.
- Ensure that the bottle is locked into the dispense head.
- To activate the Mitte Home Cartridge, touch the dispense button on top of the dispense head to flush the cartridge. The dispense notification light will show a slow orange pulse indicating that a cartridge flush is in progress. When the dispense button light stops flashing, the process has been completed.
- The dispensed amount of water in the bottle will be a little lower than with future dispenses. This is normal as some water remains in the cartridge.
- Discard the water in the bottle.
- Your device is now ready to be used!
Touch control panel – buttons & icons
Here is an overview of the touch buttons and icons on the touch control panel.
Tips/hints for the general use
- Always fill the input tank up to the fill line. This guarantees that enough water will be dispensed into the bottle for a successful carbonation process.
- The dispense head has to be in a vertical position to dispense water.
- We advise you to flush the cartridge if you have not used your Mitte Home device for more than two weeks. To flush the Mitte Home Cartridge simply run a dispense and discard the water.